This Summer, Pachamama Alliance is giving away a trip to the Sacred Headwaters region of the Amazon rainforest. For every $50 you donate to Pachamama Alliance between June 14, 2018 and July 31, 2018, you will automatically receive one entry to win.*
*Airfare not included. Rules, terms and conditions apply. See rules below.
- For every $50 donated between June 14, 2018 and July 31, 2018, you will automatically receive one entry to win a Pachamama Journey to the Amazon rainforest. Donations must be received by 11:59 p.m. PT on July 31, 2018 to be eligible.
- Eligible donations are for new donations only, on or after June 14, 2018. Previously established gifts—such as recurring monthly and pledged gifts—are not eligible.
- Entries are unlimited
- Airfare is not included
- Winner will be notified via phone or email on August 10, 2018. Trip must be completed within one year of notification.
- Employees of the Pachamama Alliance and members of their immediate family are not eligible to win. Immediate family includes: spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
- Terms and conditions apply
Learn More About the Trip
An Area Critical to the Earth's Climate
The Sacred Headwaters region of the Amazon rainforest in Ecuador and Peru, is an area of immense global importance.
It is recognized as containing the highest levels of biodiversity in the entire Amazon basin—perhaps in the whole world. And by sequestering carbon and producing oxygen on a massive scale, the Amazon rainforest plays a critical role in helping to regulate the Earth’s climate. Despite its globally recognized ecological value, the Sacred Headwaters, and its indigenous stewards, are under threat from oil and other extractive industries.
This culturally and biologically critical region is at risk of degradation, deforestation, and toxic pollution. The consequences would be severe not only for indigenous communities for whom these forests are sacred homelands, but also for our global climate.
Medicine for the Modern World
Our indigenous partners live interdependently with the forest and work with its plants for food, medicine, and shelter. When the spirit of nature is maintained in its healthy, thriving state, the Achuar people say that Arutam—the power of the forest—is alive. Our partners have invited us to journey to the rainforest and learn from them so that we may carry their wisdom and message home and share their dream of a thriving, just, and sustainable world.
Permanent Protection of the Sacred Headwaters
While Ecuadorian and Peruvian laws formally recognize indigenous ancestral land rights, governments claim ownership of subsurface mineral rights (and use that claim to encourage industrial level exploitation of indigenous territories). Pachamama Alliance, in partnership with other organizations and our indigenous partners, is working to secure permanent protection of this region.
Donate $50 For a Chance to Win a Trip to the Rainforest
For every $50 you donate between June 14, 2018 and July 31, 2018, you will automatically receive one entry to win a trip to the Sacred Headwaters region.